Photo by Jason Miller/Getty Images
Royals will go for the series win.
Kansas City Royals @ Cleveland Indians
RHP Ronald Bolaños (0-0, -.– ERA) vs. RHP Carlos Carrasco (0-0, -.– ERA)
First pitch – 12:10 p.m. CDT
Progressive Field, Cleveland, Ohio
- Royals will go with a “bullpen game”, per Jeffrey Flanagan of the KC Star.
- Carrasco has a career 3.90 ERA in 20 starts against the Royals.
- Kansas City hasn’t won a series in Cleveland since May of 2017.
- Bolaños’ last start in the majors came on Sep. 24 against the Dodgers. He allowed four runs on three hits in 3 2⁄3 innings.
- The Royals’ bullpen has limited hitters to a .107 average in 8 2⁄3 innings with zero earned runs.
— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) July 26, 2020